Slaving away in the kitchen during the holidays takes away from your time sharing in the holiday spirit.
By the time you finish most of the cooking and sit down to eat, your body doesn’t have much energy left to open presents or really get into the night’s events. The preparation of a feast for one can be just as discouraging for those spending the holidays alone this year. But what if I told you that an elaborate Christmas dinner was only a few minutes away?
Former “MasterChef” contestant Theo Michaels is sharing his five-minute Christmas dinner recipe that is so easy to do, you can make the entire meal in the microwave. Did we forget to mention that Michaels incorporates all your holiday faves into a coffee mug?
Your Christmas dinner just got easier!
To try this delectable Christmas dinner out for yourself, follow the simple directions below.
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 1/2 cup sausage
- 1/4 cup grated potato
- 1/8 cup grated white onion
- 6 sage leaves
- 9 pancetta or bacon slices
- 3 Brussels sprouts roughly chopped
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch pepper
- ½ tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated parsnip
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup turkey breast cut one inch thick
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- Mix together all stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Line your mug with pancetta or bacon slices by hanging them over the edges.
- Add chopped Brussels sprouts, pine nuts, and a pinch of sugar.
- Top with stuffing mixture and pat down.
- Add parsnips, followed by the cranberry sauce.
- Layer your turkey breast atop the cranberry sauce.
- Bunch the spinach together and place on top of the turkey.
- Fold over the overhanging pancetta or bacon.
- Cook covered in the microwave for five minutes.